Find out about the different warranties we offer below
This applies to Digital equipment (digital SLRs, COOLPIX compacts & Coolscan film scanners).
Nikon digital products sold in Europe have a warranty which is honoured by Nikon European offices in the countries listed below. This warranty is not supported by Nikon offices outside of Europe. Nikon digital products sold outside Europe also have localised warranties and are not supported in Europe.
1. THIS IS THE EUROPEAN ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (VALID IN THE AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, ITALY, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, RUSSIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, UNITED KINGDOM). YOU MUST PRESENT THIS FORM TOGETHER WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE AND PROOF OF PURCHASE DATE (BILL OF SALE) TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE. Should your Nikon product require warranty service, please contact the dealer from whom it was purchased or a member of our authorised service network in European countries.
2. YOUR NIKON EQUIPMENT IS GUARANTEED AGAINST ANY MANUFACTURING DEFECTS FOR ONE FULL YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE. If during this period of guarantee the product proves defective due to improper material or workmanship, our authorised service network in European countries will, without charge for labour and parts, repair the product in the terms and conditions set as below. Nikon reserves the right (at it's sole discretion) to replace or repair the product. This warranty is only provided upon presentation of the completed warranty card and original invoice or purchase receipt indicating the date of purchase, product type and dealers name, together with the product. Nikon reserves the right to refuse free-of-charge warranty service if the above documents cannot be presented or the information contained in it is incomplete or illegible.
3. This warranty will not cover: - necessary maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to due to normal wear and tear. - modifications to upgrade the product from it's normal purpose as described in user manuals, without the prior written consent of Nikon. - transport costs and all risks of transport relating directly or indirectly to the warranty of the products. - any damage resulting from modifications or adjustments which may be made to the product, without the prior written consent of Nikon, in order to comply with local and national standards in force in any country than the ones for which the product was originally designed and/or manufactured.
4. The warranty will not be applicable in the case of: - damage caused by misuse including but not limited to failure to use the product for it's normal purpose or according to the user instructions on the proper use and maintenance, and to installation and use of the product inconsistent with the safety standards in force in the country where it is used. - damage caused by accidents including but not limited to lighting, water, fire, misuse or neglect. - alteration, defacing illegibility or removal of the model or serial number on the product. - damage resulting from repairs or adjustments which have been conducted by unauthorised service organisations or persons. - damage in any system into which the product is incorporated or with which it used.
5. This service warranty does not affect the consumer's statutory rights under applicable national laws in force, nor the consumer's right against the dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND WILL BE VALID ONLY WITH AUTHENTIC PRODUCTS SOLD BY NIKON EUROPE.
This promotion is applicable to all camera and lens kits, including COOLPIX, NIkon 1 and D-SLR cameras.
To take advantage of the extended warranty you must be a resident of the UK or Republic of Ireland and are required to register the product within 30 days of purchase. The camera or kit must have been distributed by Nikon UK & Republic of Ireland. For details on how to register on-line please click here. Alternatively please ring 0800 597 8472 to register your details over the phone.
When making a warranty claim you must provide proof of purchase, European warranty card (provided in box) and our letter confirming your 2nd year warranty application was successful (which will be received after registering).
As this is a Nikon UK & Republic of Ireland initiative it is only supported by authorised UK & Republic of Ireland repair facilities.
All solus lenses, accessories and scanners will continue to have the advantage of a one year warranty.
In addition you will have the opportunity to purchase an additional year which will allow you to receive a three year warranty. This three year warranty will have the added benefit of covering you for accidental damage for the whole three years of the warranty.
Please note: If your product is eligible for cashback you will need to register your claim for this separately. Cashback is only available during certain promotional periods. Please visit www.nikon.co.uk/promotions for more information.
This applies to conventional equipment (lenses, film based cameras, Speedlights)
• Your Nikon equipment is guaranteed against any manufacturing defects for one year from the date of purchase.
• The warranty card is issued only at the time of original purchase; it is non-transferable.
• The warranty card must be presented to the Nikon Service Facility before any repair can be made under warranty.
• Establishing the original purchase date should be made by the original consumer purchase via the sales slips, or other evidence.
• Damage caused by accident, misuse, do-it-yourself repairs, sand, grit or water is not covered by this warranty, which is only valid at a Nikon Service Centre.
• All mail or transportation costs including insurance are at the expense of the owner. All other claims of any nature are not covered*.
*Nikon will not be held liable for damages or lost profits resulting from a malfunction of our products.
Your Nikon equipment is guaranteed under the fowling conditions against any manufacturing defects for ten years from the date of purchase. To obtain the warranty service, you must present the Nikon Ten-Year-Limited Warranty Card (Copy “C” customers portion) with proof of purchase and purchase date to any of the Nikon Service Facilities.
For the first five years, the cost of repair work and replacement materials will be covered against any manufacturing defect. For further five years, the cost of replacement materials will be covered against any manufacturing defect and the cost of repair work will be charged.
Defective equipment will; be either repaired or replaced at the option of service facility. In case of replacement, it may be replaced with a Nikon product of comparable value and condition.
The warranty card is issued only at the time of original purchase. The warranty shall not be transferable nor shall it be reissued. The warranty does not cover damages by accident, misuse, unauthorised repair, dropping, improper care or storage or damages resulting from sand or water, or misalignment of optical axes caused by dropping or shock.
The warranty does not extend to expandable parts such as rubber eye cups, lens caps, straps and case and the like.